Argos Pro Action on offer, opinions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barnesy

Hey,

Setting out on my first tour in about 2 months and i was out looking to get a tent today. Done the usual outdoors shops but i had also looked at the Argos one man tent at £50 which seemed good value

Just went to buy one online there and its half price, down to £24, surely this is a bargain to be had?

Anybody got any experience with these tents?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
barnesy said:
Hey,

Setting out on my first tour in about 2 months and i was out looking to get a tent today. Done the usual outdoors shops but i had also looked at the Argos one man tent at £50 which seemed good value

Just went to buy one online there and its half price, down to £24, surely this is a bargain to be had?

Anybody got any experience with these tents?

Do you know the weight of it?

2.1kg so pretty light.

I've just googled it and found these pretty positive reviews of it

on here

andym

Über Member
I used to have a Pro-Action tent. They are pretty good. I'm not sure how 'special' the special offer is, but £24 is very good value by ay standards.

hubbike

I bought ProAction stuff when I was a hard up student and it always had a very short life span but did the job.

Never bought their tent. However I did buy a 5 euro Intermarche tent when all my stuff got stolen when hiking in Portugal (I hid my pack in a bush to go in to a posh pub).

The tent was 5'6" long and I am 6'2" so I had to either adopt the fetal position or stick my feet out the front door. It had a single skin that was (at best) shower resistant. However it was fine for Portuguese summertime. I tried using it in Devon in October and it was literally blown to shreds and I had to sleep in the car.

Now I have a lovely 3Kg 2 man tent which has withstood the Highlands in February.

IMO you should save up (£10 per week) and buy something better(around the £100 mark).

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I had the original version that Argos offered before they replaced it with the single skinned disaster that masqueraded as a tent.

My origianl has beenn used for several toures - most recently being last summer's Lon Las Cymru. It's coped with foul weather though it is a tad cramped for my porky frame. Nevertheless I can fit into it along with my panniers.

Mine cost a princely £15 when it was offered at half price.

I'd have no hesistation in buying the laterst version despite its dayglo finish which mitigates against stealth camping.

Top Bottom