Arm Indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
cannondale boy said:
Good idea i guess, but more research in to making the product more easier to use than pressing a button.

How hard is it to press a button, I mean that's what car drivers have to do and they manage.... Oh. Yeah, maybe not....:biggrin:

Actually, I think the simplest would be a button - one click for on and one for off, and the 'on' function to be flashing or pulsing along the arm as suggested. I dunno, I just don't trust a tilt switch, and sometimes you might want to illuminate them without doing a full arm-out indicate. Not sure why, but you might....

Bigtallfatbloke

Those look like a good idea. My thoughts are that they need to be easy to put on/take off quickly or it would become a chore to wear them. The led strip could be fitted to a Jacket sleeve with a velcro strip and left in place, that way they are always in place when you wear the jacket & can be removed for washing.

Maz

Guru
There was an arm indicator advertised in this month's CTC mag. It's worn like a watch around the wrists.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
There was an arm indicator advertised in this month's CTC mag. It's worn like a watch around the wrists.

Yeah, I saw that. I think the advantage of iceniners design is the strip - I'd wonder how visible (and comprehensible for drivers) a single light source on the wrist was, and you'd have to be sure your wrist was at the right angle - with a strip you have more chance of it being seen.

OP
OP
Iceniner

Iceniner

Id previously seen watch like indicators but from the promotional vids i saw i didnt think they would cut it. They looked so weedy and in dusk like conditions they were just like a pinpoint of light, so like Arch said i wanted a big old beefy strip :-)

If i had the money and time i would make it so that my cycling jacket had velcro on it so i could just strap them onto it and so like bigtallfatbloke said, they would be easier to use. If only i had a manufacturer! haha.

Been using these a bit more at night and still waterproof'd and working :-)

Top Bottom