arm/shoulder ache after timetrialing...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benneth

i've been getting minor arm/shoulder (more so shoulder) aches and it's always after i've used the time trial bars (clip on)

I was just wondering if any of you guys get it... or have ever had it before?
also if it's just something that can be fixed by building up those muscles?

thanks guys :biggrin:

lukesdad

How long and ,how often have you been using them. If not long it could be just a case of getting used to the position. Stretching your arm ,shoulder and neck muscles will help.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Either poor possition or case of not used to it. If you are set up properly your arms should be at right angles to your torso and hence requiring very little muscular effort from your arms. Road bikes often have a longer top tube than TT bikes and hence stretch you out making this possition harder to get, in this case, its time for pushing the seat forward and/or a shorter stem fitting!

The shoulder pain may be due to having to look ahead in a new possition though.

OP
OP
B

Benneth

thanks guys... well i was on the tt bars for aabout 1hr yesterday and that was the first time in about 3 weeks i've been on them and it's the longest i've spent on these bars....
im gonna try shortening the stem... well after i've tried getting used to them for a week or two :smile:

thanks for the reasurance :biggrin: much appericiated

pig on a bike

I used to get a pain full shoulder and top of arm not for any reason this is going back 10 years dident ride then.Somebody told me to get a steroid injection in my shoulder so i did the pain was gone the next day and never came back.

Top Bottom