arm warmers and gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fiona N

Veteran
. Shutt VR ones are reduced at the moment - all black or black with red or blue stitching. Their sizing is on the generous side, so go smaller if in doubt - if yours have been falling off, it's probably because they are too big.

The Shutt ones have - very unusually - grippers on the outside at the top to grip the inside of your jersey sleeves. Seems to work - mine certainty stayed up when I wore them with A Shutt jersey.

I'm a great fan of arm warmers - all too often I go out on a coolish, grey day in a long-sleeved jersey only to start cooking on the first hill. I also have some Exte-ondo arm warmers (bought in Mallorca, hence the exotic make) which are a lightly fleeced (on the inside) lycra and very warm. They're great for places like the Alps where an early morning start can be around 5C but by mid-morning it's in the high 20'sC - so arm warmers and gilet are essential kit.

I'm less certain about knee/leg warmers as I like 3/4 leggings for about 10 months of the year - I only get my knees out in extreme sunny circumstances which seem to be over for this year :wacko:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm a great fan of arm warmers - all too often I go out on a coolish, grey day in a long-sleeved jersey only to start cooking on the first hill. I also have some Exte-ondo arm warmers (bought in Mallorca, hence the exotic make) which are a lightly fleeced (on the inside) lycra and very warm. They're great for places like the Alps where an early morning start can be around 5C but by mid-morning it's in the high 20'sC - so arm warmers and gilet are essential kit.

I'm less certain about knee/leg warmers as I like 3/4 leggings for about 10 months of the year - I only get my knees out in extreme sunny circumstances which seem to be over for this year :wacko:

If I knew it was going to pass 10C within an hour or so, I'd just wear long fingered gloves. I do hate days like that though cos it means carrying two pairs of gloves.

OP
OP
sarahpink

sarahpink

hi thanks for all the replies has given me a few sites to ponder over, only trpuble is lots of them are all out of stock, guess people have been stocking up with the end of summer on the way
sad.gif

Fiona N

Veteran
If I knew it was going to pass 10C within an hour or so, I'd just wear long fingered gloves. I do hate days like that though cos it means carrying two pairs of gloves.

I only wear long-fingered gloves when temperatures drop below freezing (excellent peripheral circulation due to not wearing gloves :thumbsup:) then my hands sweat so much that I take a spare pair if I'm going to have a cafe stop as nothing chills your hands like putting wet gloves on :ohmy:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I only wear long-fingered gloves when temperatures drop below freezing (excellent peripheral circulation due to not wearing gloves :thumbsup:) then my hands sweat so much that I take a spare pair if I'm going to have a cafe stop as nothing chills your hands like putting wet gloves on :ohmy:

I think it's too late for me to start conditioning my hands. I've found it's my hands position on the hoods so they pick up a lot of windchill and my fingers start to freeze. I may push 8C on a good day if I know it's not likely to get colder when I'm coming home. :blush:

Top Bottom