Assioma Duo-SHI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone got the Assioma Duo-SHI power meter spindles?

I'm considering getting them for my new bike - I use SPD-SL pedals, but they are a lot of money. I've never had a power meter before. In particular I'm concerned about battery life. It says 50 hours, which would be fine for most usage, but no use for a very long event like LEL. How is the battery life in practice? Do they have to be plugged into the mains, or could I charge them from a USB cable attached to a powerbank?

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Ive got the previous Favero Be Pro S (I think it says 30h). Ive never actually felt the need to accurately monitor battery life but after 5 years or more, it still seems to achieve that battery life. When the battery flashes low on the Garmin you still comfortably have another race/ turbo session or two.

si_c

Guru
Anyone got the Assioma Duo-SHI power meter spindles?

I'm considering getting them for my new bike - I use SPD-SL pedals, but they are a lot of money. I've never had a power meter before. In particular I'm concerned about battery life. It says 50 hours, which would be fine for most usage, but no use for a very long event like LEL. How is the battery life in practice? Do they have to be plugged into the mains, or could I charge them from a USB cable attached to a powerbank?
50 hours seems like the lower limit but isn't a huge amount, the Assioma pedals use a magnetically attached charger, I'm unsure of whether it uses a USB adapter or not, in principle if it does then you could use a power bank to charge it.

My old power meter (sadly now giving really bad data following water ingress after 4 years) was crank based and could be charged from a power bank (and had 300 hours of power reporting, hence my reason for picking it).

However I've now got 4iiii power meters on both my bikes which are powered by CR2032 batteries, and give well over 100 hours of use - again more than enough for most use cases but easily user replaceable if needed.

Edit: It does seem to come with USB chargers, so should be usable from a power bank.

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
They have a poor Q factor I have the normal duo ones but sadly you’re stuck with keo cleats.

OP
OP
N

Nebulous

Guru
They have a poor Q factor I have the normal duo ones but sadly you’re stuck with keo cleats.

I'm not bothered about that - in fact it may be an advantage. When I had a bikefit he turned my toes out slightly and said there was a risk of catching the chainstays with my heels. He also said I might be better with the ultegra pedals with a longer spindle. DC Rainmaker compares different bikes and comments that there is a great deal of variation, with mountain bikes often being wider. Putting all that together, it doesn't bother me.

Ridgeway

Veteran
I use the standard (single sided) Assioma and charge it say 2-3 per year over 9-10k KM average. Yes it’s a USB cable so easy enough to find solutions for charging.

Top Bottom