assos airprotec LL F1 bib tights: LBS!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

CRC price: £164.99.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=31808

in LBS:
on the label it says
"RRP: £151.99. JEJ price: £129.99"

how much did I get charged at the till?
£119.99!

that's forty five quid cheaper than CRC!

so another thumbs up for going to the LBS and not ordering on line.
you get to try stuff on, see it in the flesh AND it's cheaper.
This has made me much more determined to try and do that whenever possible now.
Only obscure, difficult to source parts that they won't have, or very small parts that aren't worth making the trip for - I will order online, everything else I will think twice.
Might also mean I don't buy as much stuff anyway if I have to wait till I go to the LBS to buy it!

peanut

you woz robbed ..... I got some great bibtights last month for just £29.99:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

peanut said:
you woz robbed ..... I got some great bibtights last month for just £29.99:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

tip if you don't have any assos tights: don't ever buy any assos tights. it will render all your other clothing including your £29.99 tights obsolete! as happened to this fella

yello

I bought some Santini GXT bibs in my quest to try different makes. They are good without a doubt... but not any where near as good as my F1 Milles. From a personal perspective, it's true - Assos spoils you!

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Steve Austin said:
So, you bought last years model for less than the current model are available for?
Hardly newsworthy Bonj

actually i've just checked and the ones I bought are not this year's model. But it doesn't bother me 'cos they're exactly the same. Buying last year's is a known good method of getting exactly the same kit for a cheaper price, and it's only the good bike shops that know how to exploit this and on what goods, thus managing to give a massive discount while still turning a profit and staying open.

Never mind though Steve- I pity you, your missus wouldn't let you splash out 3 figures on really nice quality cycle gear on a whim would she. I don't have that problem, so I can understand why you're a bit narked. Best go and put those shelves up mate before she starts nagging again. Oh, and don't forget you've got gardening to do.

Top Bottom