Attn: CC Ecosse 24/4/10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

The date clashes with 2 audaxes out of Forfar :laugh: which might limit the turn out for those audaxeers who might have ridden it - but it looks a good route :laugh:

Not sure about it being billed as a "home made" sportive - it's really just a ride with an invite extended to others. Much the same as CC rides.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:laugh: that looks like a very nice and scenic route - 144k and a "mere" 2379m ascent :smile: thrown in...

This would need some serious training on my part over the next wee while, a lot more serious than the current mileage :laugh:. But it may be something to aim for and not impossible, having gone further than that in the past :wacko:. I've put it in my diary (in pencil :laugh:).

T

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
As Noodley (Hi, hope you are on the mend) mentions this event clashes with Pitlochry 150 and Scone the Flat Way (100 km) which is a shame because I am sure that a fair few audaxeers would have turned out for the challange.

I have the Pitlochry 150 penciled in

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
bhoyjim said:
Yes please, just need to work out how to get to Kinross for 8am.

The nearest train station appears to be Cowdenbeath, with is an extra 10k+ each way. You can get there on the day from Edinburgh by train, dep 6:18 arr 6:59. Just in time to cycle to Kinross and find the place for 8:00). I can't see a way to travel by train from Glasgow on the day ...:sad:

Maybe this is sponsored by the Kingdom Tourist Board, trying to get everybody to stay in Kinross Friday night? ;)

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Isla Valassi said:
Might have been if Kinross was part of The Kingdom!

:sad: oops (apologies to any Fifers on this forum :laugh:). Not fair, Perth & Kinross (there is a BIG clue!) has taken a chunk out of Fife, the boundaries are weird ;).

T

viniga

Guru
Looks good, count me interested.

Viniga

Top Bottom