Auction - "High End Bicycle Sale & Accessories" - Glasgow - 86 Lots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruce1530

Guru
https://www.sweeneykincaid.com/Auctions/SaleDetail/4228

Auction at Sweeney Kincaid, just outside Glasgow. Closes Wednesday lunchtime.

Maybe of interest to someone. Be aware that you will pay a 15% commission on top of the "hammer price" then VAT on top of that. So about 38% more than the bid price.

HIGH END BICYCLES & ACCESSORIES

INCLUDING: Trek Powerfly FS 4 Equipped Gen 2 E-Bike, Trek Top Fuel 8 Mountain Bike, Trek SL 5 Disc Road Bike, Trek Procaliber 9.5 Mountain Bike, Merida Big Trail 600 Mountain Bike, Trek Emonda ALR 4 Road Bike, Merida eBIG NINE 300 SE E-Bike, Merida Big Trail 400 Mountain Bike, Trek Domane Road Bike, Trek Xcaliber Mountain Bike, Merida Big Trail 500 Mountain Bike, Trek Verve 2 Bike, Trek Dual Sport 2 Bike, Merida Silex 200 Gravel Bike, Merida Big Seven 60 Mountain Bike, Bicycle Wheels & Tyres, Bicycle Parts, Shimano Derailleurs & Cassettes etc

Slick

Guru
I've booked a slot to go and see them well it would be rude not to.

OP
OP
bruce1530

bruce1530

Guru
It's 15% commission, and then the VAT. Fairly standard for auctions.
I've bought loads of stuff from Sweeney Kincaid, although never any bike stuff. They're a decent supplier.

They're literally next door to Hillington East station, so easy to get to for viewing.

Bidding is all online, it's not like an eBay auction where people "snipe" in the last seconds; if a late bid comes in the auction gets extended by 10 mins.

Slick

Guru
It's 15% commission, and then the VAT. Fairly standard for auctions.
I've bought loads of stuff from Sweeney Kincaid, although never any bike stuff. They're a decent supplier.

They're literally next door to Hillington East station, so easy to get to for viewing.

Bidding is all online, it's not like an eBay auction where people "snipe" in the last seconds; if a late bid comes in the auction gets extended by 10 mins.

I've got my eye on a couple of possibilities but very much dependant on price. :okay:

OP
OP
bruce1530

bruce1530

Guru
My experience of that particular auctioneers is that things I am looking at either go for £silly or are incredible bargains.

Slick

Guru
My experience of that particular auctioneers is that things I am looking at either go for £silly or are incredible bargains.

Yeah that's what I thought.

I'm not paying silly money, but am partial to a bargain. :okay:

Good morning,

I have had a look around the web site and it appears to me that they are not set up for mail order delivery everything is collection only, am I being an idiot?

Yes you can arrange your own courier but in practice that is going to be too expensive for these items, for me at least.

Also the reserve prices on the bikes do seem high, possibly full trade price.
Trek Emonda ALR 4 Road Bike £385 (£531) reserve not meet, retailing at around £1,300-£1,400, so much more and the saving versus lack of warranty doesn't work for me.^_^

Trek Emonda SL 5 Disc Road Bike £500 (£690) reserve not meet, retailing at around £1,900,

Rear mechs and cassettes seem to have much better reserves, i.e. lower

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I'm viewing the lots now.

A couple of the bikes are fom the ex hire fleet, and as far as I can tell, the shop is still trading so must just be looking to get rid of some stock.

That said, I did put a couple of bids in. :becool:

Slick

Guru
Say hello to my little friend. :becool:

20230927_161017.jpg

Slick

Guru
Well done - hope you got a bargain

I feel I did OK.

The bidding went to extra time and I took it after the VAR review.

I've been thinking about something for a bit of adventure with some multi day trips and I reckon this fits the bill. I also reckon I would be spending double if this didn't work out.

Thanks posting the link.

Top Bottom