Autumn Epic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Lardyboy

Lardyboy

Well, the weather was not very nice to us. We started just after 8. It rained hard, then sporadic heavy showers, before then sun turned up about about 12ish (I think).

The worst aspect of the ride was the amount of standing water. At one point we had to ride through a 20m. stretch of water knee deep! xx( If you had managed to keep your feet dry they weren't after that.

The route was very scenic though, but, difficult in places. Some short sharp climbs and some short sharp descents which made for some "interesting" moments with the more nervous riders.

The loop around the Elan Valley was fantastic. Well worth the effort to get up to the top.

By 62 miles, however, my knees had got so cold I was happy to stop due to a puncture and call it a day. I wasn't the first to stop and I wasn't the last. So chapeau to those that finished in a good time or any time!

515mm

Chapeau! indeed for soldiering on after I abandoned you at Rhyader. With the chill on my back and my frozen fingers, knees and toes you'd have had to carry me off the mountain if I'd've made it up there. Discretion; valour not making a bad situation worse etc, etc.

Next year, we'll grab the bastard by the balls and squeeeeeeze..........

Top Bottom