Avalon Sunrise 400 km

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
I missed this one on the auk calendar.
Do you reckon it would be a good first 400 for me and the trike?
My only concern is that it passes quite close to my house, albeit up a big old hill, and the temptation to sack it and go home for a beer with Mrs P may become too great...

That looks fantastic. The strange start time makes it accessible from London (and beyond) without a horrible night in a travelodge. I'll need to improve my fitness before i can justify the £70+ in fares.

I missed this one on the auk calendar.
Do you reckon it would be a good first 400 for me and the trike?
My only concern is that it passes quite close to my house, albeit up a big old hill, and the temptation to sack it and go home for a beer with Mrs P may become too great...

Or ... you could arrange to text Mrs P when you are 30km from home, and she could come out at meet you with a thermos of coffee, and big plate of <insert favourite snack here, or just "bacon sandwiches">, a clean pair of shorts/more layers/less layers, fresh water/squash etc etc. You can sit in a bus shelter and have an nice brunch together, then continue on refreshed.
45 minutes with my head resting on a table at a Starbucks at Membury motorway services did wonders for me, and that was horrible.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak