Average length of cyclo-cross or road tires? Conti CityRides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I currently have some cyclo-cross type road tires on my road bike. The have loads of grip on them and are brill in the wet. They are called Continental CityRides and are puncture protected.
I have had them for about 1.5 years and they seem to not be waring down, even though I have done about 10,000 miles on them. The rear tire has a little less bit of tread than the front but it still has loads of them.
The puncture protection has worked fine but failed a few times due to a big thorn. I have also taken a few small chunks of tread out of them due to stones, but that isnt a big problem.

What is the average life span of tires? Or are my tires strangely superb? The are from halfords and they still sell them now (saw some in my local store).

How long is a piece of string ? Ive had nearly 10,000 out of rear tyres & plus 10,000 out of front tyre (only circa 1/4 of your weight is on them) but I am a fairly light rider, but others might get longer. I've also heard about heavier folk in harsh conditions getting around 1,500 and really grippy expensive tyres lasting half that.

Top Bottom