Aw nuts, Iv'e got a cold.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saddle bum

Über Member
It's probably the last decent days of the year before the wet season starts and I have a streaming cold, coughing fit to bust and feel like a sack of poo. And, the clocks go back this weekend. Woe upon woe, is there no end to this misery.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You'll get over it. I've not ridden for three weeks because of a succession of colds, coughs and chest infections.

It hasn't really been an issue other than making a personal target of 30 x 100km audaxes by October 31st almost an impossibility and I have no intentions of slotting in five audaxes in during half term.

I will be celebrating my return to cycling by doing a couple of mixed on and off road loops in the North Yorkshire Moors and possibly a two day mini cycle camping tour next week.

There's nothing wrong with deluges that decent waterproofs can't put right.

Can't wait for some night rides during the winter. They are special.

bauldbairn

Saddle bum said:
I have a streaming cold, coughing fit to bust and feel like a sack of poo.

Same - without the coughing. Not had a cold for five years. I'm blaming my Mums annual "flu jab" it gave her the sniffles/mild symptoms.

Thought the aches and pains were down to the extra 20 miles a day I'm trying to cycle to lose weight for Christmas. Till my arms/chest/ back started aching.:laugh:

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Solution for getting over a cold fast:

1) Rest and lots of sleep.
2) Lots of decent food (not junk food).
3) Take one of those effervescent Vitamin C + Zinc tablets every hour for the first two days.

By day 3 your cold will have gone.

I didn't believe point 3 until I tried it! It really does work. Don't carry it on for more than a few days or else you'll get zinc poisoning.

Top Bottom