baby and toddler in trailer at Centre Parcs, helmets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

littlebuttercup

I'm hoping to get a cheap trailer to use at Centre Parcs (I know you can hire but it's just another thing to do on arrival) as I have a 6 month old and a 20 month old and was wondering if they need helmets in the trailer. Advice please. Thank you.

redjedi

Über Member
I'm not experienced on child safety, but if they're strapped in I doubt you would need helmets.

But better safe than sorry, and a good habit to get them into.

Just on getting one for Centreparcs, I wouldn't bother. Their trailers are very good, better than any cheap one you could buy, hire cost is reasonable, it's relatively painless to hire them and it's one less thing to take.

Don't think I'd be too bothered about a helmet in Centreparcs in a trailer.

Shrimp_Stu

We've used Center Parcs own trailers - without issue for our two - but the youngest our daughters have been using it has been 11 months. I think the requirement is that the child has to be able to 'sit up' unsupported. Two pairs of straps for both kids.
Why dont you prebook the trailer - it saves a lot of hassle and you can whizz through the queues when you prebook.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I have seen small children in cycle trailers all over Europe and never seen one wearing a helmet, then again in much of Europe the adults don't wear helmets either...

Globalti

Legendary Member
The trailer will come in useful for carting food from the shop to your chalet too....

OP
OP
L

littlebuttercup

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely buying food before we go (!) and I think I'll just buy a trailer and then I can try different options. She's sittting up so it should be ok as long as her brother can cope sitting next to her and doesn't try to whack her!!

Top Bottom