Back on the bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
I decided it was time to get back on the bike for my commute - well Mr6 decided for me because he got back on his!
It's been about 3 months since I last rode in and I'd completely underestimated how soft I'd become in that time.
I really enjoyed the ride in on the first day, and only struggled a little coming home. But oh my days!!! My derrier was sore the following morning!!! My sit bones still feel bruised after a week and I'm experiencing a really sore neck.
Fortunately the weather is taking a turn for the worse and Mr6 will be back in the car next week !

D

Deleted member 1258

In 2012 I had three weeks off the bike due to illness, when I got back on the bike afterward oh dear me, I thought I would have to wear padded shorts for the first time in my life, fortunately my backside hardened up after a few weeks. It sounds like you just need to keep pedalling and let your derriere get used to being in the saddle again.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
In 2012 I had three weeks off the bike due to illness, when I got back on the bike afterward oh dear me, I thought I would have to wear padded shorts for the first time in my life, fortunately my backside hardened up after a few weeks. It sounds like you just need to keep pedalling and let your derriere get used to being in the saddle again.
Sure it wasn't just getting your legs used to holding some weight off your bum (as normal) for the whole ride?

D

Deleted member 1258

Sure it wasn't just getting your legs used to holding some weight off your bum (as normal) for the whole ride?

No, it was definitely my sit bones complaining,

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well done !
Im probably car this week too, nights and subzero temps make me wary.Last week when it was frosty i was dodging ice all the way across the road from run off from the fields.

Top Bottom