Back on two wheels from Monday...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, it's almost here, following 5 weeks getting a lift into work due to an almost blocked artery and a stent I will be taking to my trusty steed from Monday.
I have had to change my route to avoid a 3/4 mile stretch which is the most dangerous and have most incidents, but that's a small price to pay.
got to take it easy and build up, but hope to be back to relatively normal and hopefully improved by about week 6.

Been getting a lift from a colleague and fellow roadie and we have spent most of the week being jealous of cycle commuters and the lovely weather.
Funniest was an MTB commuter approaching a RBT in heavy traffic, all the gear, backpack and a helmet...dangling from his backpack strap rather than on his head.
Novel way of protecting himself I suppose!
Tony

G-Zero

Über Member
Best of luck Tony and I'm sure you'll get back in to it at your own pace, just don't overdo things in your eagerness.

Where are you commuting, as I've just started Durham - Newbiggin Hall and our paths may cross.

Last week I went out in the tropical NE heat and ended up taking my helmet off and strapping to my pannier rack, however I was off road on the trails.

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
Well - I did it and felt bloody great - it was excellent just to get back on my trusty steed on a cold but lovely sunny morning, and ride home in the setting sun with the birds tweeting away.
I love this time of year for cycling

Tony

Top Bottom