Back wheel problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cinq

Took my continental revolution racer in for its initial 6 week service early as was having rear wheel issues. Noticed a few of the spokes were very loose and as a result the wheel was not running true. Edinburgh cycles replaced the wheel with no indication as to why so haven't been able to change my habits. I have been avoiding certain routes now due to the quality of the roads but in the past few days 4 of the spokes have become loose again and the dreaded wobble is back. It is still under warranty as they extended the 6 week service but I am a little concerned. I may have bought an entry level racer but this should not be happening. I am averaging about 130 miles a week. Any advice?

Sorry to be blunt, if you don't weigh 16stone plus and don't jump and down kerbs it shouldn't be happening, given my experiences of the Ed Co Op though they should sort you out.

OP
OP
C

Cinq

Just under 14 stone, 6 foot 2 inches. Not having a go at ed. Cycles - just a little annoyed that I have no idea what is causing it.

The spokes and nipples should be held in place by tension so something is wrong -could be a number of things such as the wrong nipples being used which don't seat right but I'm guessing here.

I'd either ask for a replacement pair, get Ed Co-op to pop some locktite on all the spokes to prevent the nipples working loose or negotiate a price on a new pair of wheels (the Formula hubs that you have are not the best in the world).

OP
OP
C

Cinq

Cheers pete. I'm siding with the last option. Not happy I've had this much disruption so far and I'm sure ed co op aint too happy with me going through all their wheels. The front has caused no problems at all however, but for the sake of consistency would I require the same wheel on the back as well as the front?

Top Bottom