Bad back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Physio said getting a lot of cases atm of the same nature and im doing all the right things . Phoned work and i had intended to try and go back today but i tried to drive the car yesterday and after about 10 mins i was in pain even on painkillers so i will phone them later ( on late shift) to say im going to leave it till monday .
Otherwise feeling a lot better but i just need a few more days rest

You will find this hard to believe and it will probably make you wince after reading it but:-

Deadlifts have been a total game changer for me.

Pilates and yoga have helped me over the years - but the deadlifts have pretty much banished the pain

Slick

Guru
You will find this hard to believe and it will probably make you wince after reading it but:-

Deadlifts have been a total game changer for me.

Pilates and yoga have helped me over the years - but the deadlifts have pretty much banished the pain

Nice, seems an unusual fix, but still nice. :thumbsup:

My nephew said a similar thing to me yesterday. He started doing weights a couple of years ago and said that his backache has gone.
Deadlifts, pull ups, seated rows, bent over rows, lat pull downs etc engage the back muscles and help to strengthen the fibres which in turn reduces fatigue on the back and then backache goes. Such exercises are useful for cycling and those with general aches which go away once you start moving.

However if you have slipped discs, bulging discs or other back issues then they are more likely skeletal issues and it could actually be damaging and aggravate the back. In these cases, instead of weight your more likely to focus on flexibility and movement exercises to stretch out the muscles.

Top Bottom