Bad couple of days

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Not been a happy bunny on or off the bike this week. STILL getting over this bug I've had. 2 weeks of coughing up flem and feeling knackered. If it wasnt for the bike I think I'd go insane.

However I have experienced my fair share of bad driving this week too. Stuff that imo really shouldnt have happened. No cam on this week as I have been a bit lazy to refit, record and document. Yesterday it culminated in two drivers on two separate occassions that couldnt wait for me to turn left and barged through putting me at serious risk. Both within 10 minutes of each other.

The first one happened HERE. I had already taken primary due to a lot of parked cars, I've indicated left turn and the junction on my right there was a tipper truck waiting patiently to pull out, over the giveway line as that is the only way to see what is coming from there. However Mr Pr*ck in a back citreon (I think) decides "f*** you, I aint waiting 2 seconds, I'm far too important!"

He missed me by less than an inch, but only because I swerved into the kerb. :angry:

In anger I stopped and gave him a coffee shaker and shouted "Whats wrong with waiting 2 seconds you ignorant pr*ck!"

The second one was through HERE. Its a 20mph zone and I guarantee I was over 20mph on the bike, yet Mr Fiesta decided to squeeze past me at the buildouts so he could pull in 20 feet further on and park. :rolleyes:

The second one wasnt as bad as it was more of a case of being cut up than forced over, and the space given was about 2 inches. Not ideal either. The temptation to smash his wing mirror off this morning as I rode past in the opposite direction was overwhelming. Hopefully I'm bigger than that.

On the plus side those winds yesterday.. I thought I was going a little fast off the Itchen Bridge on the way home by the fact that I was gaining on the car and van in front of me. I get home, flick on the news and hear theres 46mph winds in Southampton. My body, the windsail.;)

Tynan

Veteran
it never fails to surprise me how the most impatient and stupid passes are almost invariably followed by a left turn or parking

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Not the best of week's here either.

Bit of a underlying bug but still commuted everyday. Those winds really drained me. Was please to get home last night and didn't give the bike it's weekly wash like I normally do on Fridays. Might do it tomorrow.

I dunno... two muppets this week:

1) On-coming car decides to make a right-turn across the front of me. Fortunately I was making the same turn (no I wasn't indicating the turn to give him ideas) so we just went along side-by-side for a while.

2) Horn-blarer who's passenger decides to tell me that "Cycle paths are there for a reason you know" as I'm doing ~25mph following the moped in front.

The plus side was that both these rides resulted in my fastest commutes home of the year so far - nothing like a bit of adrenaline to get the legs turning.

So muppets in motors aren't so bad.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I dunno... two muppets this week:

1) On-coming car decides to make a right-turn across the front of me. Fortunately I was making the same turn (no I wasn't indicating the turn to give him ideas) so we just went along side-by-side for a while.

2) Horn-blarer who's passenger decides to tell me that "Cycle paths are there for a reason you know" as I'm doing ~25mph following the moped in front.

The plus side was that both these rides resulted in my fastest commutes home of the year so far - nothing like a bit of adrenaline to get the legs turning.

So muppets in motors aren't so bad.

Everytime I remember someone has done no2 to me (oo-er) its been a pavement.:wacko:

huttster

Met a proper prick this week,they have changed the parking around my 6 year olds school to residents only so we have been cycling to school,we have to cross a double lane carriage way with grass verges in the middle,crossed the first lanes o.k and waited for the traffic to clear the other side,nothing coming for 50m that was a car pulling out of the hospital,no drop kerbs so the little fella has trouble getting up the kerb the other side this prick's decides it's ok to drive past half across the lane my boy was on the edge off horn blaring away,to say i was angry would be an understatement,would have been on my way to take his head of if it was not for my boy saying"what's the matter with that berk"and just riding off :laugh: ,and there's me thinking i was supposed to be showing him how to behave :blush:

Top Bottom