Bafang BBS02B + Norco XFR 1 a good combo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

havok44

Hello!

So I just bought a Bafang BBS02B and big 48v 20Ah Triangle battery
Now I'm looking to top it off with a decent bike to go with it.

I found the 2021 Norco XFR 1 on sale for AU$730 down from $999
10speed Deore will go well with the Bafang single gear me thinks.

1. Is this a good combo? Any better suggestions? to commute to work (bike paths/Sydney roads)
2. Is it even compatible? I cant find any info on the XFR 1 bottom bracket size :sad:
Only says Cartridge bearing, BSA threaded

https://www.norco.com/bikes/city/urban/xfr/2021-xfr-1/

Thanks in advance!

Jameshow

Veteran
We are a UK based forum....
So don't know what's available in Aus.

However deore is a good groupset.

A cartridge BB BSA threaded is the most common BB world wide. It will do the job.

CXRAndy

Guru
Hello!

So I just bought a Bafang BBS02B and big 48v 20Ah Triangle battery
Now I'm looking to top it off with a decent bike to go with it.

I found the 2021 Norco XFR 1 on sale for AU$730 down from $999
10speed Deore will go well with the Bafang single gear me thinks.

1. Is this a good combo? Any better suggestions? to commute to work (bike paths/Sydney roads)
2. Is it even compatible? I cant find any info on the XFR 1 bottom bracket size :sad:
Only says Cartridge bearing, BSA threaded

https://www.norco.com/bikes/city/urban/xfr/2021-xfr-1/

Thanks in advance!

BSA threaded will be 68mm or 73mm wide . Is your BBS02 specified for this spec bottom bracket? Most BSA bottom bracket bikes are usually compatible with Ebike conversions. It sometimes takes a little bit of fettling to make the motor fit well- that is the nature of ebike conversions

OP
OP
H

havok44

We are a UK based forum....
So don't know what's available in Aus.

However deore is a good groupset.

A cartridge BB BSA threaded is the most common BB world wide. It will do the job.
Aren’t the models the same globally?

BSA threaded will be 68mm or 73mm wide . Is your BBS02 specified for this spec bottom bracket? Most BSA bottom bracket bikes are usually compatible with Ebike conversions. It sometimes takes a little bit of fettling to make the motor fit well- that is the nature of ebike conversions
Ok good to know it’s the standard size then. Yes, bafang says 68-73mm

good enough for me
I’ll take a punt on a M. I’m between M and L and we have no stock so special order only.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I think you'll be fine with that bike.
I'd look at the police presence in your area though. The laws for ebikes in oz seem as strict as they are in the UK/Europe and if there's a big enough risk of being caught with an illegal motor, I'd consider limiting the speed to the legal limit. Not an issue while going about day in day out but if you;re in an accident and your bike is discovered to be less than legal, you'll be in deep ****.

Jameshow

Veteran
I think you'll be fine with that bike.
I'd look at the police presence in your area though. The laws for ebikes in oz seem as strict as they are in the UK/Europe and if there's a big enough risk of being caught with an illegal motor, I'd consider limiting the speed to the legal limit. Not an issue while going about day in day out but if you;re in an accident and your bike is discovered to be less than legal, you'll be in deep ****.

Isn't yours a 1000w motor?!🤔🤣🤔🤣🤔🤣

OP
OP
H

havok44

Yeh I’m going to leave the speed limit in the settings. Hoping that’s enough but yeh I’m not trying to attract attention

Top Bottom