Bags / pouches / cases for storing in panniers etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I'm looking to comparmentalise the enormous bag on the brompton and ideally want to get a few storage devices to allow me to group stuff together - tools, meds, lights/tech etc.

Ideally I'd like something like a zipped folding case with a load of pockets in..

So far I've been looking at pencil cases, tool bags, tool rolls, electronics cases, makeup cases... nothing jumps out as being ideal.

No need to get too specific but interested to hear what you're using to keep your sh*t together :tongue:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

I'm interested in this also, primarily to help when food shopping. I think I'd like like some kind of light box solution that I can lift out the pannier, pack, and then put it back in.

At the moment I use the rather crude method of wrapping some small towels around anything glass related.

EDIT
I had some time to search and think something like a Clothes Bag will do for me. They aren't waterproof but I don't need them to be, will just help me pack shopping into the bags so it rattles around less.

Ikea do a set - https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/rensare-clothes-bag-set-of-3-check-pattern-grey-black-30432502/
-of-3-check-pattern-grey-black-0810360-pe771286-s5.png
There are others - https://www.amazon.co.uk/cloth-storage-bags/s?k=cloth+storage+bags
61bl-Crqx-EJL-AC-SL1500.jpg

I want the none vacuum type that will sit inside the pannier, but more importantly I can lift it out and pack it then it just slides straight in and stops everything rattling and mashing together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Thanks all :smile:

Some decent suggestions there but nothing ideal; may be that nowt exists given how specific my needs are; guess I need to keep on trawling!

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Thanks all :smile:

Some decent suggestions there but nothing ideal; may be that nowt exists given how specific my needs are; guess I need to keep on trawling!

If you go to Alpkit and tell them what you want they will make you one specific to your needs.
Also check out EDC stuff as well. They have a lot of organizer type things.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I used a variety of food containers when touring earlier this year, combined with supermarket bags for clothes. Nicely waterproof and all recycled.

Worked OK for me.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Thanks - those look like the nearest so far to what I'm after! Will investigate sizing etc as I'm after a couple of different shapes / sizes for different applications and spaces within the bag.

If you go to Alpkit and tell them what you want they will make you one specific to your needs.
Also check out EDC stuff as well. They have a lot of organizer type things.
Thanks - tbh I'd prefer something off the shelf but I'll keep it in mind. Do you have a link to EDC stuff please as it's a bit generic as a search term!

I used a variety of food containers when touring earlier this year, combined with supermarket bags for clothes. Nicely waterproof and all recycled.

Worked OK for me.
Ta - that's generally the sort of route I've taken in the past, however I want something a bit more permanent / organised. Currently everything's bagged in varying sizes of ziploc bags, but it's a bit of a faff getting things out and not great from a padding / separation perspective.

Waterproofing's not a problem as the main bag takes care of that; keeping things organised and accessible is the main objective :smile:

Top Bottom