Bah, spoke pingage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abo

My seven year old aaked to go out for a ride with me on his MTB today so of course I said yes. Down the cycle track and then a loop over some rough stuff then back home.

When we got back onto the road I noticed my tyre waa going down, looks like the p****ure fairy struck towards the end of the offroad bit.

Not to worry, had my kit with me and luckily there was a fire engine doing something or other so Freddie was kept occupied while I fixed it.

When I got the wheel off I noticed I'd broken a spoke. Coincidence, the puncture was due to a thorn... It must have happened coming down the 'bumpy hill' (rutted track).

So, off to the LBS in the morning for a new spoke, and a spoke tool too, and since I've not done a spoke before, some learning to do also...

Freddie needs a gear cable as well. So a couple of jobs for me tomorrow.

Anyone got a link to some good spoke instructions please? :smile:

perplexed

Guru
I've never (touch wood) have a spoke break on me as yet...

Have a look on you tube, bound to be something on there I'd have thought.:smile:

OP
OP
abo

abo

First for me! Googled me up a little guide, it seems trueing the wheel is the fun bit. I'm going to have a stab at some point today, seeing as I should learn this stuff. 'Spoke' (groan) to my LBS just now and they'll true it for me for a tenner if things get beyond me.

Top Bottom