Balance Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paco de Bango

I bought my 3 year old a bike with stabilisers :blush:

I think I'll take the stabilisers and pedals off after reading everyones comments. see how she gets on with that.

gadders

This reminds me of the time when me and my brother aquired our first bike when I was about four or first bike. It came fitted with stabilisers but I was horrified when my dad said something like, "you can't learn to ride with stabilisers", and promptly unbolted them.
I remember falling off it a few times as we rode it on our lawn but within a day we had mastered it.

Sharky

Guru
Wish I was 60 yrs younger, just saw this in my local Suzuki garage

image.jpeg

Stevec047

Über Member
I just bought both my 4year old and 2 year old balance bikes for their birthdays the other week and I must say they are brilliant. I was a little sceptical at first but seeing them fly around the square outside proved to me that it was the best option.

Help them learn to balance and in time they will naturally be able to use a pedal bike without all of the balancing issues.

Got my eldest one from Smyths toyshop for £31 it even has a rear brake so helps him learn how to stop without flying over the handle bars.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Met a neighbour yesterday and he was telling me that he had done the balance bike then given then bikes which they had taken to immediately, and they were merrily cycling done the road, having only been on the balance bikes the previous weekend.

There was one company (Rennrad) had an advanced balance bike. It came with a rear freewheel and cog.

Then when the child got used to the balance bike, you fied a bottom bracket extension into the frame stub and a chain.

Extended the life of the bike dramatically

The pic shows Balance Bike and Pedal Bike modes

Balance_Bike_convertible_to_Pedal_Bike_-_Blue.jpg

Stevec047

Über Member
There was one company (Rennrad) had an advanced balance bike. It came with a rear freewheel and cog.

Then when the child got used to the balance bike, you fied a bottom bracket extension into the frame stub and a chain.

Extended the life of the bike dramatically

The pic shows Balance Bike and Pedal Bike modes

Balance_Bike_convertible_to_Pedal_Bike_-_Blue.jpg
There are a few bikes out there like that I be level Btwin do or did a very similar design but they were put of stock when I go the boys bikes

Attachments

• IMG_20160715_073152.jpg
    IMG_20160715_073152.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 21
Top Bottom