Balms & Embrocations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I decided to try using some for the forthcoming fell-races, & bought some from the local bike shop ('Kendells' in Castleford)
I tried it yesterday at the XC (the PECO league) round at Middleton Woods.

Whilst being warming, & having its effect, I couldn't get it all off after I got home in the shower

I have used it before for Cyclo-Cross, but it's a lot of years ago (20+??), so I can't remember how to remove it all properly.

Suggestions please!

Edit @ 10:16
This product; http://www.sportsbalm.com/index.php?id=3974

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Rubbing alcohol before showering.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Used Ellimans Embrocation in the distant past. (Not to be confused with Hellemans :biggrin:). Bought some recently - the distinctive smell of turpentine was still there, very evocative, but the modern product seemed to have lost some of its 'oomph' . Maybe my legs have toughened up over the years?

Berties

Fast and careful!
neils yards arnica salve,its a pre and post exercise rub,used it for years the smell is ok,costs about £10 a pot

Globalti

Legendary Member
The smell is methyl salicylate or wintergreen. It makes your skin feel hot and smells horrible so it must be doing you good. At the same time the massage releases endorphins, which make you feel good.

Carry on.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Used some Natures Kiss Hot Stuff yesterday pre ride. Effective and no adverse effects when showering after (ie: no oil or greasyness or indeed extra heat :biggrin:)

Expensive though at £8.99 or so a tub

Top Bottom