Bamboo Bikes Survery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robleeds92

Hi, I'm currently doing a study about Bamboo Bikes for my marketing module and need to conduct some primary research. I would appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete the short survery below to help me with my studies.

The assignment is about a company which produces and sells bamboo bikes and I need write up a report on their organisation and how they should not only target customers,but how to revamp their whole marketing decisions on a whole.

Many Thanks.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/772LFX9

simon.r

Person
There are numerous requests posted on this forum from people asking us to complete surveys.

The surveys are sometimes well presented, simple to respond to and one senses that the results could be compiled and analysed to give some sensible answers.

Sorry, but yours isn't. All of the questions are open, many make assumptions and it appears that you have little knowledge of cycling as a whole. And the grammar is poor.

You've got me in a grumpy mood, but please take that as constructive criticism.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Your first question assumes a lack of knowledge regarding bamboo as a material which is not true. We know is has high rigidity for its weight. it is widely used for reinforcing concrete and for making scaffolding in developing countries.
We know that a large percentage of bamboo harvesting is not environmentally friendly and causes biodiversity problems and toxins due to being treated with chlorine.
We know bamboo expands and swells when it absorbs water, we know that bamboo has never passed a crash test in the motorcycle industry and is not a material which is permitted for use in top flight motor sport or cycling by the governing bodys due how the material behaves when it fails.

As stated above the other questions are totally open as well.

OP
OP
R

Robleeds92

Your first question assumes a lack of knowledge regarding bamboo as a material which is not true. We know is has high rigidity for its weight. it is widely used for reinforcing concrete and for making scaffolding in developing countries.
We know that a large percentage of bamboo harvesting is not environmentally friendly and causes biodiversity problems and toxins due to being treated with chlorine.
We know bamboo expands and swells when it absorbs water, we know that bamboo has never passed a crash test in the motorcycle industry and is not a material which is permitted for use in top flight motor sport or cycling by the governing bodys due how the material behaves when it fails.

Sorry, Just going on the info the business gave us about the lack of knowledge of the qualites it has when used for the bike frames. They said that was one of their main problems so.

Mr Haematocrit

One angle you may wish to investigate is why bamboo is band material from many sports based on safety, the material does not fail in a controlled manner and why its not used/permitted for use in cycle sports

Mr Haematocrit

It's good band material if you play a flute or recorder.

(sorry, couldn't resist it. I'll get me coat)

You get your coat, and I will get grammar lessons for Christmas this year :sad:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

You are not speaking on my behalf:
I only supected that it had high regidity for it's weight but don't know how well it compares against other materials
I didn't know that it was used for reinforcing concrete
I didn't know that bamboo harvesting was not environmentally friendly
I didn't know of the environmental damage caused by the use of chlorine
I didn't know that bamboo had never passed a crash test in the motor cycle industry in fact I didn't know that it had been tested by the motorcycle industry
I didn't know that the motor sport and cycling governing bodies haven't accepted its use because of its unpredictable behaviour when it fails.

I think that you would find that the majority of cyclists and, indeed the general population, share my ignorance on the use and abuse of bamboo.

Davidc

Guru
I've done it to assist, but agree with the comments above.

Bamboo is for my sweet peas to grow up, not for making bikes with. I have enough of those breaking without bits of a bike going the same way.

Top Bottom