"Band On" to "Braze On" Adaptors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
Cutting a long story very short, but the only way I can get a front mech of my choice to fit my new frame is to fit a "Band On" to Braze On" adaptor.

Trying to find a Ultegra 6600, 34.9mm band on, double changer in silver is proving to be more difficult that I first thought!! And of course Mr Shimano has now updated to the 6700 version which is a slightly different colour. :biggrin:

So it looks like my only option is to get a braze on front mech and fit the afore mentioned adaptor. But I have only ever used one type or the other.

So before I proceed with what I would consider not an ideal solution, but don't ask me why, has any one else used them and are there any downfalls in using them?

Is there a make that stands out as being the better option?

MadoneRider1991

Über Member

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The adjustment is by moving the band along the seat tube, just like a band-on changer. Why would you need a slot as well?

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
Ian H said:
The adjustment is by moving the band along the seat tube, just like a band-on changer. Why would you need a slot as well?

its so you dont have to move the band up and down the tube and risk scratching your frame i think

Top Bottom