Bank charges.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lonestar

Veteran
Fortunately I was never daft enough to pay a bank for the privilege of giving them all my money.

I was.It's like Brewsters millions isn't it,when he pays them rent for looking after it.:wacko:

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't think I could have kept a straight face during my meeting with the manager...

"I would like you to have all my money. Every month I will give you more. I want you to take my money and make massive profits by lending it to other people, and investing it on then stock and currency markets. Oh, and I want to pay you for the privilege, because your profits, share dividends and chairman's annual bonus aren't nearly high enough "

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I don't think I could have kept a straight face during my meeting with the manager...

"I would like you to have all my money. Every month I will give you more. I want you to take my money and make massive profits by lending it to other people, and investing it on then stock and currency markets. Oh, and I want to pay you for the privilege, because your profits, share dividends and chairman's annual bonus aren't nearly high enough "

And I want you to provide me with a monthly - and on demand - breakdown of all my tranactions.

And I want you to manage as many monthly and occasional payments as I choose to make.

And I want you to maintain a network of thousands of cash machines so I can get my money whenever I want.

And I want you to keep my money safe and secure.

And I want etc, etc.

A 'free' (cost of interest on balance) bank account is one of the best bargains you will ever get.

Drago

Legendary Member
Considering the profit they make from us that's very little to ask. I wouldn't lend someone my car or house and also pay them for using it, yet that's exactly what many people do with their kwther valuable asset.

When will be able to claw back the cost we will all inevitably have to pay to cover the cost associated with 'ambulance' chasing get rich quick poncing claims firms demanding monies for fools that signed up for things they either didnt want or didnt end up using?

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
When will be able to claw back the cost we will all inevitably have to pay to cover the cost associated with 'ambulance' chasing get rich quick poncing claims firms demanding monies for fools that signed up for things they either didnt want or didnt end up using?

Hopefully be able to milk you on PPI too! ;-)

D

Deleted member 26715

Has anyone claimed their bank charges back? I have just done that and my bank account has been credited with £2500 after paying the VAT, income tax on interests and fees. Worth doing.
Is there a statute on how long you can go back? We were with Nat West for 30 years & on occasions they really screwed us over when we were really struggling, how charging us £35 per letter 4 times in a single day to advise us that had they paid our bills we would have gone over our agreed overdraft never made sense to me, especially the 4x £35 was more than the bills.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Is there a statute on how long you can go back? We were with Nat West for 30 years & on occasions they really screwed us over when we were really struggling, how charging us £35 per letter 4 times in a single day to advise us that had they paid our bills we would have gone over our agreed overdraft never made sense to me, especially the 4x £35 was more than the bills.
I don't think there is a time constraint. I have had this particular fee paying account for 10 to 15 years and been with my bank for over 30 years.

Top Bottom