Banshee brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Strick

I've just fitted some Koolstop dual compound brake blocks, and although the braking is very good, they squeal like a banshee!!
Is this something that will go after they bed in, or do I need to get myself some ear plugs.
It may be partly my fault, as I didnt clean my rim (oooerrr) when I fitted them due to being unwell and in a rush as usual. Is there anything I can do to redeem myself and quieten the brakes down?
Cheers.

Pottsy

What sort of brakes are they?

A bit of adjustment of toe-in, toe-out etc. can make a big difference, but it can take a bit of fiddling to get them quiet and efficient.

I've never had any problem with Koolstops check your rims are clean, the pads aren't contaminated and they are aligned right. I use baby wipes to do the first two, and loosen the brake pads slightly, pull the brakes tight with a thin piece of card at the rear between the pads and the rim and then keeping the brake pulled tighten the pad, it generally sorts out the alignment.

Pottsy

Fettle is the word Strick, fettle
thumbsup.png

Best of luck.

OP
OP
Strick

Strick

Ooops, sorry, still learning! :laugh:
I shall have a "fettle" tonight.
Actually, I may grab the baby wipes in a minute and go and fettle while im being paid. :biggrin:

Top Bottom