Bartholomew Quarter-inch maps Ireland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wardy

I have three Barts quarter-inch contoured maps: 2 Dublin-Roscommon/ 3 Wexford-Tipperary / 5 Galway-Mayo available for cost of postage & packing (£2.36 2nd class) if anyone is interested. Covers are rubbed, slightly frayed at edges and have a biro scribble on back, but maps are in very good, clean condition.

jags

Guru
don't mind me asking but what kind of maps are these .
i'm here in ireland so i wouldn't mind getting them.
drogheda to be exact.

OP
OP
Wardy

Wardy

don't mind me asking but what kind of maps are these .
i'm here in ireland so i wouldn't mind getting them.
drogheda to be exact.

They are basically road maps at a scale of 4 miles to 1 inch. I used them during a cycle tour of south-west Ireland back in the 70's. They show a wealth of detail including roads and tracks, spot heights, contour shading, youth hostels etc. Too good to throw away.

jags

Guru
well wardy if your giving them away i would love to have them.
i'm planning on doing a few tours this year here in Ireland and they might come in very handy.
thanks.

OP
OP
Wardy

Wardy

well wardy if your giving them away i would love to have them.
i'm planning on doing a few tours this year here in Ireland and they might come in very handy.
thanks.
No probs jags. They're yours. I've lots of happy memories of my tour there.

jags

Guru
maps came today wardy thanks a million. they sure are different than today's maps also Ireland sure has changed since they were first published.
i would imagine all the road numbers are completely different but so much detail in them.
again thanks glad you didn't bin them.

classic33

Leg End Member
maps came today wardy thanks a million. they sure are different than today's maps also Ireland sure has changed since they were first published.
i would imagine all the road numbers are completely different but so much detail in them.
again thanks glad you didn't bin them.

Not much different to to todays maps, just a different style due to the printers style. Road numbers are the same, however they will not show the "motorways" built since. Newer more detailed maps are available from the Irish OS.

And yes it, Ireland, has changed.

Top Bottom