Baselayer query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2pies

Veteran
I've bought a Merino baselayer from DHB, quite a good one by all accounts:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-merino-longsleeve-roundneck-baselayer-m-190/

I'm trying it on now and wonder whether I've bought one too large. Its not clinging to me in any way, it just feels like a normal t-shirt. I seriously doubt it would provide any warmth at all.

I went for XL as I'm 6'4 and 44" chest. Should I wash it first or should I send it back and get a size smaller? Its nothing like as tight as this:

2009_13.jpg

Enw.nigel

It should be a close fit. You could always order a size smaller from Wiggle - see if you feel happy with this fit and return one or both of them. No problem with returns with Wiggle.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I am a 42" chest but on the advice of the site I bought my Merino base layer from got a 39" as this was the tight measurement around my chest rather than the size a tailor would measure me at for a jacket.

They do shrink when washed at warmer temperatures, but you can't regulate the shrinkage if you were to wash it at over 30 degrees, so if you are uncomfortable with the fit I would change it for a size down.

OP
OP
2pies

2pies

Veteran
Ah, just measured my chest and I'm actually 42", the 44 must be from suits and the like. I may have lost a few pounds in recent months from all the cycling I've done.
I think I'll go for the 40" size.

Thanks

Top Bottom