Bash Guard!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolfy

Hi Guys,

I've just purchased a secondhand Specialized Sirrus Elite 2011 model, beautifull bike!

The only issue I have is, that the plastic Shimano bash guard (think thats what its called) has been broken and is missing from the front chainset.

Would you know if you can purchase these individually, or are they part of the chainset?

Is this a job for the local lbs?

Regards
Wolfy

Cubist

Still wavin'
Hi Guys,

I've just purchased a secondhand Specialized Sirrus Elite 2011 model, beautifull bike!

The only issue I have is, that the plastic Shimano bash guard (think thats what its called) has been broken and is missing from the front chainset.

Would you know if you can purchase these individually, or are they part of the chainset?

Is this a job for the local lbs?

Regards
Wolfy
It's a chainguard. Bashguards fit on MTBs to stop the rings getting mashed on rocks, but don't let that bother you
blush.gif
.(I can't edit that to stop it looking patronising, I'm not, I promise) Why do you want one? It's designed to stop your trousers getting caught up in the chain/chainring. You could always wear trouser clips or snap-wraps if you want to wear loose trousers.

Top Bottom