Bash hats, adults & bairns - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Saw today two adults cycling along, each with a bairn, probably around five to six years old, each in a child seat behind respective parent. As appears to be common, both bairns had bash hats on, but neither of said parents were wearing one. Wonder how the parents justify their not wearing one, but the bairns are - ? :whistle:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Kids fall over adults don't :laugh:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Saw today two adults cycling along, each with a bairn, probably around five to six years old, each in a child seat behind respective parent. As appears to be common, both bairns had bash hats on, but neither of said parents were wearing one. Wonder how the parents justify their not wearing one, but the bairns are - ? :whistle:

Do they (the parents) have/need to justify it?

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller

Hard to imagine being so desperate for attention.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Unlike me they may have been intimidated by busybodies telling them their child was at risk by not wearing one. Unless you are riding in racing or a manic A road day in day out then no issues. The odds of the bike suddenly crashing/exploding or suffering severe malfunction is miniscule. Holland has no such risk averse attitude.

tyred

Legendary Member
Children have weaker skulls I believe. Might be a consideration.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
In my view a kid in a child seat has more of a chance of being kicked in the head by the rider getting on/off, or the bike toppling over than they have of being in an accident whilst moving- a helmet could be seen as prudent in these cases.

Top Bottom