BBC reporter states water is wet...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
"I've spoken to a newsagent who told me he's lost thousands worth of products because he had a large box of cigarettes on the floor...."
When I read that I was thinking I know cigs aren't cheap but just how much are a box of cigs nowadays? :scratch:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
One local resident, Fran Graham, also tweeted: "Woke up to biblical scenes today, water level is dropping so hopefully I can get out of my flat soon."

I didn't see an ark in any of the pics. Knee deep is hardly biblical. Woman needs to get a grip.

Arch

Married to Night Train
"A member of staff at the Fruit Garden greengrocers said the water was "knee-deep" and equipment had been damaged."

Equipment at knee height, in a green grocers.

That'll be table legs then...

I was only looking at the Ouse today, and thinking it's ages since it was out of its banks. All the residents of Tower Place are moved back in now, so we must be due an innundation next week.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
"A member of staff at the Fruit Garden greengrocers said the water was "knee-deep" and equipment had been damaged."

Equipment at knee height, in a green grocers.

That'll be table legs then...

I was only looking at the Ouse today, and thinking it's ages since it was out of its banks. All the residents of Tower Place are moved back in now, so we must be due an innundation next week.

Todmorden was flooded again last week, so start counting the days.... probably whilst we are on holiday... lots of rain to cycle in.

Top Bottom