Be careful when you rattle the swill bucket...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
mondobongo said:
Only in America.

May I remind you all that it wasn't so long ago that audiences up & down the UK were entertained by Mr. Percy Edwards, an imitator of bird calls and other animal noises.

'Edwards could imitate over 600 species and was in great demand for film and television work. He was the hound in 'The Hound of the Baskervilles' and provided the sound effects for 'Alien'.'

yenrod

Today..

..I was cycling along, yuh as you do :biggrin: and whilst really getting into the music on the mp3...'few cars passing by as they do, yuh know :biggrin: I became aware of this noise ghastly; it was frightening at times I, even turned the music up but it wudn't go away, eventually, enough was enough and I turned around having checked the rear-view mirror :smile: and not believing what i could just about make out: so what met my eyes :ohmy: i'll never forget in all my time on this planet ! :eek:

It was an Aperitif (of the lesser type) - moaning on about a pair of Campag. Khamsin wheels being rubbish in terms of design and Ksyrium being FAR better...or something...he was offering to give a pictorial account of the situation but I hmanaged to settle him down...I just had to leave him the no. of the local counsellor...before telling him to stop making such a 'racket'..as he may upset some car drivers ! :blush:

;) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Aperitif said:
That's the sort of thing that would pull up behind Yenrod - then he'd write about it in a matter of fact way... :biggrin:

Top Bottom