Beautiful new bike - 2016 Giant Liv Thrive 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Aunty Tyke

Aunty Tyke

Got the padded shorts,not sure how I'd know if it's wide enough,not sat on a racing saddle before,it is the right height,might ask in the cycle shop

vickster

Legendary Member
Got the padded shorts,not sure how I'd know if it's wide enough,not sat on a racing saddle before,it is the right height,might ask in the cycle shop
You can measure the width between your sit bones which determines the best saddle width. Saddle shape is another ,after
Or it may be that if you are new to riding such distances, your bum just needs to harden up :smile:

OP
OP
Aunty Tyke

Aunty Tyke

You can measure the width between your sit bones which determines the best saddle width. Saddle shape is another ,after
Or it may be that if you are new to riding such distances, your bum just needs to harden up :smile:
Ah ha,now the penny's dropped! Getting that tape measure out!

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah ha,now the penny's dropped! Getting that tape measure out!
You can DIY by sitting on some tinfoil on the stairs in your cycling shorts and then seeing where the sit bone indentations are

It may not be that easy to tell the width of the saddle, manufacturer spec may tell you, or if that saddle is available in only one size and as an aftermarket addition you may be able to tell. Many wsd stock saddles are in the 140-155mm range as far as I have seen

OP
OP
Aunty Tyke

Aunty Tyke

You can DIY by sitting on some tinfoil on the stairs in your cycling shorts and then seeing where the sit bone indentations are

It may not be that easy to tell the width of the saddle, manufacturer spec may tell you, or if that saddle is available in only one size and as an aftermarket addition you may be able to tell. Many wsd stock saddles are in the 140-155mm range as far as I have seen
:okay: Appreciated,my seat is suffering!:blink:

Top Bottom