Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Bung Out Another Thousand. I had a ski boat back in the eighties, it seemed to attract a lot of hangers on who wanted too play but not help pay.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
That's what it would look like if IKEA made boats.:stop:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I think its rather attractive and will look stunning when the sails are up.

Kudos for not going down the motor route at least.

Sorry I know we are supposed to think that all things outside our budget are ugly but this one just isn't.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ostentatious yachts must be the quickest way to get rid of an embarrassment of dirty money.

Would that we had more genuine philanthropists like the Joseph Holt brewing family in Manchester who endowed what later became the Holt Radium Institute and eventually the Christie Hospital. Their money may have come from brewing booze but at least it benefits somebody.

Slick

Guru
I wish I took a picture of my first job as a contractor. I was brought up beside the sea, but never really looked twice at yachts until I was asked to encapsulate one in scaffolding with a weather proof membrane. It was a heck of a thing to scaffold, but the lines of this thing were amazing, and the sight that greeted you from the helm was a thing of beauty. I would never own one, but I do like to admire a particularly nice one from afar.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Ostentatious yachts must be the quickest way to get rid of an embarrassment of dirty money.

Would that we had more genuine philanthropists like the Joseph Holt brewing family in Manchester who endowed what later became the Holt Radium Institute and eventually the Christie Hospital. Their money may have come from brewing booze but at least it benefits somebody.
The trustees (or some formalish role) for my old school were the "Worshipful Company of Brewers". As a pupil we got "beer money" once a year, which was promptly spent on cheap cider. I guess at some distant stage in the past pupils actually got some worshipful beer, but getting your own cider was seen as moving with the times.

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

Still goes on today. Look up the Robertson Trust Profits from sales of Famous Grouse, Macallan and a host of other whiskies go to charity - something like £120 million in the last ten years. Diageo do something similar on a smaller scale.

Top Bottom