Bee Network Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annemarie97

As part of my dissertation i am conducting research in to 'Bee Network'. There is a huge amount of work being planned to improve cycling in Greater Manchester. It would be great if i could get opinions on what you think of the proposed Beeline network and any issues you foresee with it? I'm also looking at the Bee Network plans in Chorlton specifically so any opinions on that would also be appreciated.
Thanks!

Tom B

Guru
Having attended the consultation events the following problems were apparent...

TFGM / the Beeline team are simply delivering the program, any infrastructure delivered will then be left to the respective local authority to maintain with no additional or ringfenced money. Local authorities cannot currently maintain the highway or cycle infrastructure they have. ASL boxes and Cycle lanes are already worn away and unrepaired, bridleway gates un repaired, plant grown unchecked etc. This for me means the whole plan is deeply flawed and delivered infrastructure will be unusable in 5-10yrs.

The other issues with the network are lack of connectivity.

A lack of a sensible route that would be used. On particular route is so tortuous that nobody in their right mind would use it.

There is a data dump of the comments from the consultation on the what do they know website under tfgm which may help.

mythste

Veteran
As part of my dissertation i am conducting research in to 'Bee Network'. There is a huge amount of work being planned to improve cycling in Greater Manchester. It would be great if i could get opinions on what you think of the proposed Beeline network and any issues you foresee with it? I'm also looking at the Bee Network plans in Chorlton specifically so any opinions on that would also be appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi Annemarie,

A friend of mine is very heavily involved in cycle campaigning in Greater Manchester - you can find his blog here https://nickhubble.bike/category/cycling-advocacy/

I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you sent him a few questions, if he doesn't have the time to respond (I know he's a busy dude), he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Tom B

Guru
Thanks!

Annemarie97 are you still monitoring this thread?

Top Bottom