Begging....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunnyjim

If you were going to donate money to the RNLI this year, could you consider donating through http://uk.virginmone...rialFundraising because I am taking the Orca on a ride from Bath to Weymouth (along a route which seems to have been planned by a madman). Mention BenM in the comments then I get a little company credit for actually raising money rather than just donating it from my own pocket :smile:

Regards

Already doing my bit as a governor member, but best of luck on your attempt.

OP
OP
BenM

BenM

Veteran
@sunnyjim chapeau old chap. I wish I could be.
@henshaw11 Thank you - I HATE asking people to sponsor me for anything :smile: The chap who died actually died in the saddle when training for a JOGLE/LEJOG - ok it was on an upwrong - and had given up his place in the Bath Half Marathon to go cycle training that day. His cycling buddy noticed he wasn't on his back wheel any more and backtracked...

Ben

OP
OP
BenM

BenM

Veteran
@henshaw11 - Managed the ride in good time - 70 miles in 5h42 or 12.2mph(ish) average - no real problems with joints or muscles. I may well do it again next year :smile:

B.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
bravo.gif
thebiggrin.gif

OP
OP
BenM

BenM

Veteran
Excellent ! - well done :thumbsup:

Was it a good route after all ?

I only had issues with the first miles to Radstock (hilly, though not as bad as I thought it would be and too much traffic, although, because we were off at 0730, there wasn't too much going south), an unnecessary hill in the middle at Castle Cary and the last few miles from the ridge way down into Weymouth.

The weather was kind - indeed the sun came out, much to my annoyance (I hadn't packed sun glasses and we were riding south...)

B.

Top Bottom