beginner seek advice...Muddyfox Glide Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Hi Mohammed, I don't recommend this bike for a number of reasons:
- The weld joints on the frame look really rough
- It is not a well known quality brand for road bikes
- The front forks are aluminium - you need to get carbon to take the shock off the road to your hands
- The gear system is very low end
- I reckon it will come with a list of issues
- NO WARRANTY (I can't see any evidence of one)

So, as a brilliant alternative, Decathlon have the Triban 3 Red for sale for the same price. http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-3-red-road-bike-id_8274036.html
- It has carbon forks to make riding much smoother and more comfortable
- Better gearing system
- Weld joints, probably about the same
- A much respected beginner bike that wont let you down
- Frame - Lifetime warranty!

Please please please consider the Decathlon.

* except looks like they are out of medium sizes, sorry!
I will look you up some other options.

KneesUp

Guru
Muddy Fox used to make good / very good mountian bikes up until the early 90s but ran in to financial trouble and the bikes were pretty humdrum as a rule by the mid to late 90s. The company name was sold to Universal Cycles in 2001, and the current bikes are basically nothing to do with the 'proper' Muddy Foxes of 20 years ago.

Get the Triban :smile:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
So, as a brilliant alternative, Decathlon have the Triban 3 Red for sale for the same price. http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-3-red-road-bike-id_8274036.html.
The red 2012 Triban 3 seems to only be available in the smallest frame size now - good if the OP is short but a bit limiting otherwise. The white 2013 T3 is still available (in a couple of sizes at the time of writing this) but is about to be replaced by the Triban 500SE which has carbon forks like the red T3 but is higher priced at just under £380 - still pretty good though.

Top Bottom