Belfast Shore Rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eoin Rua

Just moved back to Belfast - got fed up with all the trams and roadworks in Edinburgh :whistle: - and was wondering does anyone use the cycle path that runs out the Shore Rd to Whiteabbey/Jordanstown?

Not actually sure the best way onto it from the Ravenhill Rd (where I'm living), through the Duncrue estate I think. Does anyone know if it's busy, in good condition, fast, well lit, etc? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

TrevorM

Sorry can't comment on the quality etc of the path as I've never cycled it.

Best way to get onto it ........
The main path runs along the other side of the river from Ravenhill Rd.
So either cycle down Ravenhill to the Albert Bridge, cross the bridge and turn right onto the path as you come off the bridge
or cycle down Ormeau Road cross the Ormeau Bridge and turn right onto the path immediately on the other side.
If I remember correctly the path is well signed and takes you past the Waterfront and through Clarendon Dock.

Here's the Sustrans page for this path

onlyplugintown

90% of the route is in good shape, I prefer to take the road through Duncrue as there can be a lot of debris on those sections as well as traffic emerging from the industrial sites alongside it, the path that runs along the lough is pretty dark in the winter and the path through Hazelbank park can be pitch with the odd dog walker dressed in black walking their black dog!

Top Bottom