Belkin will stop as lead sponsor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Couch

Über Member
Rabobank/Blanco/Belkin will have to be rebranded once more, since Belkin will not continue as (lead) sponsor.

Many interesting and relatively young names (Vanmarcke, Mollema, Kelderman, Hofland,...) should make it possible to find other sponsor(s) to continue this team.

They've had a rocky sponsorship history recently and this couldn't be a worse time with a lot of teams looking for new riders. Let's hope they keep the core together and find a new sponsor. Belkin pulling the plug is a surprise but not unlike the useless shoot they produce which often, surprisingly, stops doing what it's supposed to do.

MikeG

Guru
I don't follow these things very closely at all, but with Sky getting so big, when might they think of doing the Red Bull/ Torro Rosso thing, and running a second semi-independant professional team as a nursery for their young talent? If you were a Sky exec, wouldn't you look at the talent in RBB and think "hmmm, buying into that team might be cheaper and easier than setting up Sky Lite from scratch"?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What do Belkin produce?
Consumer networking products like wifi routers and stuff like that. I've used some Belkin bits and pieces and they worked OK.

Are Sky in this for the long haul? I've no reason to think otherwise, but just askin'

I thought Belkin pulling the plug was rather a clever line!

Top Bottom