Bella bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tiras25

Anyone knows anything about Bella bikes? Considering getting it tomorrow. All I know it was custom built for my friend's family member by Gary Fisher in the early 1980’s before he was Famous.
Anyone have any idea what price range I should be looking for?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That looks like a very nice bike and in quite good condition from what I can see. Threaded adjusters in the dropouts indicate a quality frame. The over BB cable guide is interesting for that period. Do you know the tubing?
As for value I can only guess, maybe $150/200? Would this Bella bike be sought after in the US or have a particular following? We in the U.K. are not familiar with the brand. Maybe @Gravity Aided can add something more having knowledge of the US market.

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Use the same starting point as you would for any bike:-
1) How much does the seller actually want for it?
2) What is the quality level of the frame tubing and mechanical parts?
3) What sort of condition is it in both mechanically and cosmetically?
4) How much would you be willing to pay for a different bike built from the same quality level parts?

Most mainstream bikes, or at least not rare or one-off bikes have a ballpark going rate for a given condition. With custom builds you have to benchmark the custom bike against something similar in quality, then consider whether the rarity factor has any real bearing on it's value. Without some sort of market reference point you really are in the territory of pure guesswork.

D

Deleted member 1258

Anyone knows anything about Bella bikes? Considering getting it tomorrow. All I know it was custom built for my friend's family member by Gary Fisher in the early 1980’s before he was Famous.
Anyone have any idea what price range I should be looking for? View attachment 586772

Thats looks tidy.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
That looks like a very nice bike and in quite good condition from what I can see. Threaded adjusters in the dropouts indicate a quality frame. The over BB cable guide is interesting for that period. Do you know the tubing?
As for value I can only guess, maybe $150/200? Would this Bella bike be sought after in the US or have a particular following? We in the U.K. are not familiar with the brand. Maybe @Gravity Aided can add something more having knowledge of the US market.
I have no idea, but the frame appears to be of a very good quality. Tubing and group set would make a great difference in the value of the bicycle.
I would concur with the 150-200 USD value if the tubing and gruppo are not special.

Top Bottom