Benotto cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charlieivan

I have just been given an old Benotto road bike that is almost complete and original and I am interested to know more about it. As far as I can tell there are only three numbers stamped under BB. Paintwork is original although a bit tatty now and decals are scatched in places. The wheels and cranks are all marked as Benotto. Brakes and levers are missing but I have some old Campag ones that I can put on. Anyone know anything about these bikes. Any info appreciated.

raindog

er.....
There's quite a bit of stuff on their website, but I expect you've already been there?

http://www.benottobicycle.com/site/about

I've got an Italian Faggin, and I contacted them through their site with the serial numbers stamped on the frame, and they replied with the year of manufacture and the type of Columbus tubing used. Maybe you could try something like that?

Would be good to see some phtos.

OP
OP
C

charlieivan

Thanks raindog for the link to their website. I haven't been to that one so will check it out and see how I get on. I will try and put some pics on sometime when I get chance.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
There were a lot of bikes done up as Benotto's -so caution. Also the factory transferred to South America in the 1990's and these bikes are not as well regarded.

Check for the name on the shoulder of the seat stay, a cut out bottom bracket shell, the tubing transfers and the drop-outs (which should have a name on them).

OP
OP
C

charlieivan

There were a lot of bikes done up as Benotto's -so caution. Also the factory transferred to South America in the 1990's and these bikes are not as well regarded.

Check for the name on the shoulder of the seat stay, a cut out bottom bracket shell, the tubing transfers and the drop-outs (which should have a name on them).

Seat stays and dropouts are all embossed with Benotto and BB has heart shaped cutout near number. Shifters are on downtube.

Top Bottom