Bent gear hanger on Decathlon B-Twin roadie.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
mate decided to take-up the way of thr roadie, bought the amazing value 30 speed Decathlon BTwin road bike and on his first spin managed to spill-it on a roundabout and has bent the rear hanger a tad. We've been out an he can get nearly all his gears before jockey arm meets spokes.
What to do, can a gentle bend back be acheived, where to get a new Hanger?

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
the hanger will be made of alloy, so IME you can bend it back once to get you home, but it wil always be weak, and likely to bend again.
Decathlon should have a spares, but i would email them as the shops are awful ime.

As an aside BETD make hangers for nearly every frame out there, and if you can't get one, i'm pretty sure they could make one.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Steve Austin said:
the hanger will be made of alloy, so IME you can bend it back once to get you home, but it wil always be weak, and likely to bend again.
Decathlon should have a spares, but i would email them as the shops are awful ime.

As an aside BETD make hangers for nearly every frame out there, and if you can't get one, i'm pretty sure they could make one.
Thanks Steve, we'll try a gentle re-alignment.
Who are BETD?

mondobongo

Über Member
It might also be worth taking the mech hanger off and popping into your LBS it may be that the Decathlon one is the same as another manufacturer probably quicker than the Decathlon route.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Thanks.
Good idea mondobongo

My mate managed to gently tweak it back into shape, looks pretty OK, we'll keep an eye on it!

Ta FF.

Top Bottom