BeOne Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
The spec looks pretty decent - all branded components. That's all i can say about it, tbh.
you need to add on the price of some pedals, too.

rob7222

I have a BeOne mountain bike, its about 5 years old now but it still runs smoothly. I've never had to replace anything or do any serious maintenence work to it, solid as fair as I'm concerned.

dudi

Looks like a good, solid, basic bike. the reason it's cheap is because there's no carbon anywhere and the groupset it fairly basic...

the geometry looks nice, and I dare say that for a beginner, for leisure rides, it's probably quite suitable.

the only thing that will probably let it down as far as I can see are the wheels. they look pretty basic, but even those, with proper mantenance should last OK...

good looking starter bike.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
dudi said:
Looks like a good, solid, basic bike. the reason it's cheap is because there's no carbon anywhere and the groupset it fairly basic...

Doesn't look bad at all to my untutored eye - to the op - if you can, try and have a mess with some Sora shifters, I couldn't get on with them at all (I don't ride on the hoods much on my bike, and the shift to smaller cogs is only really possible from that position using Sora).

Carbon forks would take a fair bit of road vibration out of the ride too (compared to alloy ones) and might be worth thinking about. If you're riding in all weathers, this bike also doesn't seem to have clearance or eyes for full guards, which may or may not be a consideration...

Mortiroloboy

There is no clearance for full 'guards, when I was casting about for my winter bike, I considered getting one, until I found out from CRC that they didn't take full 'guards.

That said the geometry does look like it would suit a novice, or someone not requiring a racer set up, and cetainly cheap enough.

Cheap enough to consider going upto the next model, which would have a better spec, wheels can always be replaced in time, as the OE ones are probably pretty strong, but the hubs won't be that good.

Top Bottom