Berkshire Rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turkish

I don’t know where to start and how to finish. I will straight go to the point.

I looked at the forum to see if there are any organised rides around where I live. Unfortunately I could not find any regular rides. I could not tell about level of the riders either. So I thought it is better to start a weekly / monthly ride around where I live.

I cycle with the pace around 12-13mph.

If you think you can help me to increase my pace or if you think I am on the same level as you, please do not hesitate to post on this thread and we can arrange something.

Alternatively if there are regular club rides, could you please let me know? I might try to join there.

Norm

Most of the regular rides are into and around London - unless you call the annual ride to Cookham "regular". :biggrin:

I'm not sure that I could commit to weekly, but monthly shouldn't be a problem. Do you ride a road or off-road bike? I've just got back from an hour riding beside the Thames again, it's fun not setting off until 9pm at this time of year, the only living things I saw for most of that time were 2 deer and a whole bunch of bunny wunnies.

Strange that Turkish, I used to live in Feltham and was always doing a few hours out that way at weekends - mostly Crimp / Priest Hill and WGP, then, as Norm mentions, heading out en masse to Cookham. Bisham Abbey. Still not too far away (doesn't really matter on a bike anyway :smile: so I'm sure we'll sort out a 'meet' before long...)
I often bumped into groups from Thames Velo - based in Windsor I think - they would be your local club and they seemed a friendly enough bunch...never got around to signing up as I was always doing 'unpredictable' work .
In the long summer evening period, you might fancy riding across to watch - or compete - in the Hillingdon Road Races. Impressive cycling skill on show there, featuring one or two CycleChatters...

Davywalnuts - who sometimes bothers to read these posts (hello Davy :hello:) is often riding that 'corner' of an evening - he knows your area quite well...And finally, a good easy ride into London for 90 minutes will find you at Wellington Arch, for a Sunday morning gentle investigation of London, in company. (Then, of course, another 90 minutes back out to Sluff).
Keep posting, proposing rides and reading - when you're ready to take the plunge, try an easy overnight ride. Once hooked, there's no escape!:smile:

OP
OP
T

Turkish

Thames velo seems pro for me. Their runs are 70mile without break. Mine is 20 miles with break. Thanks for the advise anyway.

I will watch out what else is happening.

Top Bottom