Best helmet for under £50?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Specialized propero on sale?

Matt

I bought a trek vapor last week in my LBS for £30, which is decent enough for me.

Like gavintc and hlab have already said, helmets are head shape specific. The trek felt more comfortable to me than the similar priced bell, specialized, and giro ones in the shop.

redjedi

Über Member
I've just got myself a Rudy Project helmet. The Zuma is just over £50 on CRC but you may find it cheaper elsewhere.

I got the Actyum for £58 as the shop who ordered it in for me got sent the wrong one. Bargain :biggrin:

The white one doesn't seem to be available much on-line but the distributors do have stock. Call Yellow Ltd ( 01785 811810) and ask for your nearest dealer, and ask them to order a white one for you.

It's very comfortable and cool :thumbsup:

zaid

Spesh propero here at £29.99 but only in L black and S Red. :blush:

Jonathan M

wafflycat said:
+1

My head is Met-shaped. Is is not Giro-shaped.

I would have said this about my head until I bought a new Giro recently, with Roc Loc 4, basically the same helemt retention system as Met have used for a long while. Took me trying several makes on to realise that Giro did fit me after all.

Agree with fit being essential, and wouldn't buy a helmet from t'internet unless I'd tried it on somewhere local and could get it cheaper on the web.

Top Bottom