BEST HYBRID BIKE FOR £500??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyj72

I am looking to spend around £500 on a hybrid bike, any recomendations anyone? i was looking at the boardman pro hybrid but it doesnt look like it could go anywhere apart from on the road?
what about the sirrus sport?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What type of riding you looking at doing Andy? Road? Canal/Tow paths? Off road?
You mention Boardman Pro Hybrid, but am pretty sure they cost more then £500.
Unless you are looking at a second hand one of course.

wilko49

I'm also looking for a hybrid bike for around the £500 mark - also been looking at the Boardman bikes, but only the Boardman Comp is under £500. Am looking for something to go on canal/towpaths, road and track (old railway line) - nothing seriously off-road.

Anyone got any thoughts - any comments greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

scouserinlondon

I've got a trek valencia and I love it. the 32mm hardcase tyres are a bit skittish in the mud though and I cut a couple of inches of the handlebars although the 2010 model has better bars so probably not necessary. Done 1500 miles on mine and it's still smooth.

I've heard good things about the high end Spesh Sirrus too though.

wilko49

Went to my local bike shop and quite liked the look of the Giant CRS 1.0 2009 (on sale for just under £500). Any thoughts?

Cheers

Alan Whicker

I've got a Trek 7.3FX. It was £425 with a bit of a haggle from local shop. Fantastic bike, especially with the SKS 'guards I fitted. Comfy, very well made, decent spec and light. Taking it touring later this year. Handles dry towpaths well, too - though the Bonty tyres that came as standard aren't that good in the muck.

Top Bottom