Best Overshoe For £25

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

Can anyone recomend some good overshoes that will keep my feet nice and toasty at about 3 degrees. Focus is mainly on warmth rather than waterproofness.

Steve

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Northwave are pretty good - thin, but also very water resistant (and air).

There are loads of good ones - if yours are a little cool, put a corner of a carrier bag over your toe area (i.e. cut a corner out of a bag)...

Tynan

Veteran
socks and shoe are more important than overshoe I suggest, I'm stunned at how many people complaining about their feet on here seem to be riding in vented summer shoes and expecting an overshow to make them warm

part merino sock and a winter boot, I bought the rather dodgy Diadora Chilli boots and they're still stacks warmer than my regular shoes

kyuss

Veteran
I've got a pair of the old Altura Stream which are made from neoprene and while you still get a bit damp, by god they're warm. They seem to have changed the material on these so can't vouch for the new ones. Those Pro Tramac ones Young Un linked to look good, or there's these. Neoprene rules.

kyuss said:
I've got a pair of the old Altura Stream which are made from neoprene and while you still get a bit damp, by god they're warm. They seem to have changed the material on these so can't vouch for the new ones. Those Pro Tramac ones Young Un linked to look good, or there's these. Neoprene rules.

I've got a pair of the Altura a couple of year back but never really used them until this winter but I'd agree that they're good. Its a pity about the material change I would have certainly bought another pair of the old ones when mine wear out.

Noodley

I like the look of Pro overshoes. I have been using Endura for the past 4 years, but one of the zip tabs broke so I bought Assos as a replacement...the zip tab on both overshoes broke after wearing them 3 times :ohmy::sad:

Mortiroloboy

I wear Altura 'Streams', pretty good and only £20.

yello

I hear what people are saying about winter shoes (and I am wavering ;)) but I'm not yet sure that, for my purposes, they'd be worth it. If I commuted day after day then I suspect it'd be a no brainer question but fact is I ride when I want.

For my purposes, merino socks with my regular cycling shoes + overshoes are enough. Sure, I get a couple of uncomfortable rides a year but it's tolerable. I certainly know the answer if it does get too much! :thumbsup:

Danny

Legendary Member
Tynan said:
socks and shoe are more important than overshoe I suggest, I'm stunned at how many people complaining about their feet on here seem to be riding in vented summer shoes and expecting an overshow to make them warm
I don't think it is an either-or choice. For years I shunned overshoes, and was amazed when I finally decided to try a pair. They really reduce the wind chill effect on my toes.

However warm socks are also a good idea - I'm loving my LewisKit Ox socks ;)

RSV_Ecosse

I was using the Aldi ones up until I got a pair of Pro Tarmac H2O overshoes a few weeks ago :-

115118.jpg

Roasty toasty. And that's just over a pair of Shimano RO99's which are not exactly what you would class as Winter shoes by any means.

Highly recommend the Pro Tarmac's. ;)

mikeitup

Veteran
Young Un said:
Have gone for the Pro Tarmac's

Steve

I had a pair of those and they were very waterproof but not too warm. Also the stitching came undone from the kevlar toepieces so I got some new one's (Planet X winter overshoes, £14 ebay;)).
The PRO shoes did get a lot of use over 12 months though.

Top Bottom