Best position for aerobars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
Apparently most of the pros will now ride their TT bikes for many many hours in training to get used to the position. So I would imagine that the set up is broadly comfortable?
if the pros are putting in the hours 'to get used to the position' this suggests it's not naturally a comfortable position
in more simple terms, one can clearly see that riding in the aero position with a flat back isn't going to be comfortable for the average cyclist for any length of time - however, like many things, with some training it can probably become comfortable (enough) for most cyclists who want to TT

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
if the pros are putting in the hours 'to get used to the position' this suggests it's not naturally a comfortable position
in more simple terms, one can clearly see that riding in the aero position with a flat back isn't going to be comfortable for the average cyclist for any length of time - however, like many things, with some training it can probably become comfortable (enough) for most cyclists who want to TT

Not particularly. "Getting used to the position" is not all about comfort.

BTW, a flat back is not necessarily desirable either.

OP
OP
Licramite

Licramite

Über Member
If you get it set up right I find the aero position fine, on my turbo I do all my training on aerobars as it puts me in a no relaxing high intensity position.
on the road -I'm finding them a bit of a pain, - to the point I'm probably going to give them up - you can never stay in them for more than 5minutes without having to come out to manouvre because of traffic or road conditions .

Top Bottom