Best ride of the year....so far.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
It was a tad chilly this morning, but glorious sunshine all day. First day that I've cast off the jumper at work, and spent all day in a t-shirt. Then a marvelous ride home, blue skies, birds singing, AND it was still daylight (just) when I got home at 5.50. The Winter is over, Spring is here, and it's going to be 8 months of cycling nirvana! Happy happy happy!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Winter is over? Lucky for you, still barely above freezing down south.

sheffgirl

Lovely sunshine today on the way home, I left my jacket at work and rode home in a vest and long sleeved t-shirt (and tights of course). Still wore my thermal hat under my helmet and neck warmer, but the hat came off part way home.
I'm really looking forward to the spring and summer and making the most of my new bike :smile:

sheffgirl

Above freezing is shorts and t-shirt weather up north.

I've been out today, started off with 3 thin layers on top and cycling tights, and ended up stripping down to 2 layers, then just a vest after a while, its lovely weather here today.
I've done 17 miles today, a personal record :biggrin:, hopefully it's the first of many long rides this spring/summer.

Started off with the day in winter longs, merino wool top & cycling jersey + buff. Before long I had had to ask a teenage boy to turn away for me to strip in a car park without embarrassing him and removed the merino wool top & buff. And trust me, if I was not commando and there had been some public toilets (or just fewer people around), I would have been changing from the winter tights into my shorts... It was -2C when we left home (hence the winter kit), I have no idea what the temerature was where we were in M/C but it was plenty warm enough for shorts & T-shirt. Also spotted my first leaves on a tree today - hawthorn is starting to leaf here.

okeydokey79

yeah getting tricky on choosing what to wear for the commute, bit chilly on days leaving at 4.30am(-2 this morning) then less layers needed for the ride back at 18.00, dont want put to much on as means carrying it all back at night.But even with the chill the cold mornings are getting better for riding in and wont be long before i get to ride in some daylight on the way home.bring on the summer and in 3 weeks my first 100miler=cheshire cat.^_^

Top Bottom